Labor Day is upon us, and that means the non-official end to summer. Before the kids head back to school and temperatures start to cool down, this is your last chance to barbeque in the beautiful Georgetown, TX community, head to the lake, and wear your favorite pair of white pants.
About Labor Day
Each year, Labor Day is celebrated on the first Monday of September. It is the one day of year Americans celebrate their achievements in work, which the US Department says has contributed to prosperity and well-being of America as a whole. Americans have been celebrating since the 1880s, and today it is an official federal holiday.
- Every year, more than 30 million Americans travel over Labor Day weekend.
- Canada was the first to celebrate Labor Day, and the US soon followed.
- President Cleveland made Labor Day and official US holiday in 1894.
- Marks the beginning of the NFL and NCAA sports seasons for fans.
- Marks the end of hot dog season, when Americans consume seven billion hot dogs.
Thank you for choosing Trade Winds Dental as your trusted Georgetown dentist. We truly value you as a patient and would like to wish you a safe and enjoyable Labor Day weekend. Take this time to relax and unwind!